The CTCA has merge operations with the Society of Communications Technology Consultants International (SCTC). The SCTC was originally formed 40 years ago as the Society of Telecommunications Consultants (STC) and initiated a rebranding effort over the past two years to expand its presence and visibility internationally as well as within the US. The core values of the SCTC and the CTCA align in many ways, such as common ethics that include being vendor agnostic, financially independent consultants.
The two communications technology consulting groups completed this merger to align their operations with the trends in business. Most projects today require a team to be effective – due to complexity, breadth of technologies, or the reach of the client’s market. Increasing the number of resources available to SCTC members, both through the expanded talent pool as well as access to international partners, will help all members meet their client’s ever growing expectations and requirements.
The expanded SCTC is the source for like-minded ethical team members that can add to any project:
- Skills in specialized business processes or applications
- In-depth knowledge of specific technologies and products
- Experience with consulting tasks to help with the volume of work
- High-level vendor contacts and technical resources
- Local familiarity of an area remote to the prime consultant
- On-site presence for locations distant from the prime
The former CTCA members have established a regional group, the Canadian Regional Group (SCTC-CRG), within the SCTC to focus on local Canadian issues and provide a strong Canadian presence.
The SCTC goals include continued growth in size and reach along with adding more experts in all communications technology areas. Our members are committed to partnering to serve the complete requirements of our clients. The SCTC will continue to be the best way for an organization to ensure they are working with the most knowledgeable and ethical consultants in the industry.
Why Should a Canadian Consultant Join the SCTC
1. The SCTC hosts the best Communication Technology Conference for consultants – provides great professional development and networking opportunities
2. The SCTC-CRG membership represents the top Communications Technology Consultants in Canada – providing great networking and partnering opportunities
3. The SCTC-CRG is part of the SCTC (an international communication technology consultants’ organization) – providing opportunities for global partnerships and opportunities
4. Develop relationships with the top communication technology vendors – deliver more value to your customers
About the SCTC
The SCTC's independent, unbiased consultant members provide objective advice, effective project management, complex technical guidance and the benefit of experience when a client requires it.
SCTC consultants have expertise in many areas of communications technology such as: voice and data networks; contact centre design; all aspects of the RFP process; expense management; regulatory and policy analysis; and strategic planning and procedures development. A SCTC consultant can help you understand the latest communications technologies while increasing productivity and reducing costs within your company.
SCTC consultants are professional practitioners. They are objective and ethical in their approach to clients. All SCTC consultants must adhere to our Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct.
SCTC – CRG Vision
To be the leading national group of Information and Communications Technology (ICT) professional consultants, advisors, and vendors.
SCTC – CRG Mission
The SCTC-CRG members provide independent consulting and advisory ICT services and solutions to national and international clients by leveraging their industry expertise and the knowledge sharing among members.
The SCTC-CRG strives to provide opportunities to its members for networking, collaboration, education, and information exchange with the objective of empowering them to better serve their client's needs.
Through conferences, regional events, online resources, and networking, members have access to the most current industry information in a forum that promotes education and opportunities to share experiences.
Link to Member Search
Link to Upcoming and Past Events